Market Planning Analyst
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel that features the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous travelers. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to 240 destinations in 61 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 19 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards. Locally, we have been voted:
• 2021 Most Trusted Cruise Operator – Reader’s Digest Australia
• 2019 Best Cruise Line Domestic (4 consecutive years) – AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
• 2019 Best in South Pacific, Large Ship Line, Cruise Critic Australia, Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards
We are most proud that in the past month we are on the Forbes World’s Best Employers list!
JOB SUMMARY: As our Market Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for leading the development of commercial and operationally optimal itineraries for Royal Caribbean ships deployed in the Australia/New Zealand region. This will involve the development of planning models and performance analytics/reporting and the effective measurement of itineraries based on a range of commercial KPIs.
The success of this role relies heavily on effective engagement with three major stakeholder groups:
• The AUS/NZ senior leadership and commercial teams
• The relevant deployment, operational, and development functions in Miami
• The relevant commercial organizations and/or government authorities that have responsibility for the ports and destinations that Royal Caribbean visits.
Some of your duties include:
• Itinerary Planning – responsible for the development of optimal itinerary plans for ships deployed in the Australian region, balancing the commercial objectives of revenue and guest experience with constraints such as port availability, distances, operating costs, and competitive activities.
• Deployment Analysis – responsible for developing, monitoring, and reporting analysis across a wide range of key performance indicators to understand the impact of deployments/itineraries on the brand’s commercial performance including cruise fares, on-board spend, NPS, and related guest satisfaction measures. Proactively using the analysis, trends, and insights to recommend changes to deployments and itineraries.
• Port/Destination Engagement – establish relationships and work with the relevant port authorities in the region to monitor port availability, ensure an optimal port booking process and identify opportunities to develop/improve the brand’s commercial relationships with the ports.
• Head Office (Miami) Engagement – establish relationships with relevant Miami-based operational functions to ensure alignment with overall brand strategies, objectives, etc. Engagement will include both the regionally based representatives and Miami-based personnel.
• Competitor Analysis – responsible for researching, monitoring, and analyzing competitor deployment activity and itineraries and communicating these in an effective manner that supports an ongoing commercial review of Royal Caribbean’s product offering. This will include regular and insightful reporting of trends, developments, opportunities, etc.
• Industry Analysis – develop and maintain an industry deployment/itinerary model for the region that defines, market size, future growth projections, market share analysis, and various demand/penetration rate metrics
• Destination Development – work with the Destination Development team (both local and Miami) to identify and prioritize development opportunities in the region. Provide analytical and commercial support to key deployment and development projects in the region including potential investments in cruise infrastructure and destination capabilities.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Commercial vision and a highly analytical approach.
• Highly developed strategic and business analysis skills and effective decision-making.
• Strong personal organization required & ability to work to deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, as well as externally.
• An ability to demonstrate sound judgment and resourcefulness in decision-making and problem-solving.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or finance-related topic
• 5 years in an analytical or commercial role
• Experience gained within the travel industry is preferred.
WHY WORK FOR US:
Royal Caribbean Group has been recognized by Ethisphere, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the sixth consecutive year. The experience of traveling to exciting places; the chance to work with a fantastic group of people from all over the world; the recognition and support provided by the company; the opportunity to grow your career to the next level and the ability to explore new paths on the open seas are just a few fantastic reasons.
As one of our Sydney office employees, you will have access to ongoing training and development both in-house & externally to enable continuous development. We value a flexible work approach to ensure our employee’s well-being continues to come first.
Please click APPLY now and fill out the required information. We thank you for your interest, due to the number of applications we ask all candidates to provide their base salary expectation when completing their profile to help us with our screening process.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunities to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity, or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Disclaimer: This Post was gotten as a result of our job hunting research and brought to our platform to satisfy and help solve the job issue of our platform users and mine you that this service is a selfless act that does not require any payment from any of our users so kindly disregard any form of payment from anyone online as we will never ask any of our users to make any payment for either job processing or visa processing.