Software engineers design, build, maintain, test, and evaluate computer software using software engineering concepts. In some cases, people interchangeably use the phrase “programmer” with the term “engineer.” This article centers around a software engineer job opening at UPMC. Read on!
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is a $23 billion health care provider and insurer in Pittsburgh. They are pioneering new forms of patient-centered. According to its website, UPMC is the largest non-government employer in Pennsylvania. They have about 92,000 employees across 40 hospitals, 800 doctors’ offices, and outpatient facilities.
Also, it has the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania, with more than 4 million members. UPMC paid more than $900 million in federal, state, and local taxes in the most recent fiscal year. This provided them with $1.7 billion in benefits to its communities, including more treatment for the region’s most vulnerable inhabitants than any other health care institution.
Furthermore, UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion tasked with implementing cutting-edge. They also have next-generation diversity strategies to increase the organization’s diversity management capabilities. This includes having Employee Resource Groups that support the implementation of their diversity plans. Women in Information Technology (WIT), Female Leadership Innovation and Growth in Health Care and Technology (FLIGHT), or PRIDE Health.
The Intermediate Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading established code bases. However, these bases link to patient care and future web application projects under the supervision of management and more senior members of the team. In addition to being related to patient care, the various apps and projects will have several integration points.
Software engineers design computer software and systems. To create these systems, they use math, science, engineering, and design skills. However, they must also test and assess their own software systems created by other engineers.
Software engineers typically have a computer science degree. They should be able to think critically and solve problems. Also, a software engineer must be curious about new technologies and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Furthermore, software developers must be highly motivated and have various programming languages under their belts. So, if you possess any of these skills, you can apply for this software engineer job.
- Firstly, you should adopt a team-first approach to complete projects, tasks, and initiatives.
- To execute individual and group activities works in partnership with the team and provide feedback as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust and be flexible in the face of change by changing tactics as necessary. Employees with less experience are mentored.
- Also, continuous self-study, training, teaming with more senior team members, and/or seeking out possibilities to widen the scope to stay current with industry and organizational trends are all responsibilities. For development, seeks feedback from senior team members and effectively incorporates it into work and conduct.
- To create connections and complete day-to-day work and tasks, you must demonstrate acceptable, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions.
- Furthermore, you should demonstrate a basic understanding of secure coding techniques and authoring, accessing, and adhering to established security protocols.
- 2+ years of related job experience is typical.
- Experience working in complicated development environments and translating abstract concepts and ideas into precise software deliverables.
- Working on cross-functional systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming is essential, as is a basic comprehension of the SDLC.
- Highly focused and self-motivated to go above and beyond.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Oral and written communication skills are excellent.
You will need all of these skills to apply for this software engineer job at UPMC. Please complete and submit your application as soon as feasible. Keep in mind that no one will ask for money or compensation in exchange for your services to receive the job. All that is required is that you have the talent and apply yourself. I wish you good luck!